Spanish Language training?

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by suzanne, Oct 11, 2001.

1. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Does anyone know where in the New York City area (including close-in New Jersey) I could find a course in Spanish for Foodservice Supervisors ? Most of the courses I've looked at are either for a different industry, or just general instruction. Gracias por su ayuda. :look:

2. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    When I opened that Marriott in Times Square, they used to send us someplace for just that type of learning. Call the F.S. Dept or Human Res. and ask. I believe there was other people there. They might still do this.
    Jeff

3. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will do!

4. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    How about English for Spanish speaking foodservice personnel? Perhaps that might be easier. As a matter of fact, why not English for all non-native English speakers? I once worked in a kitchen where all the chefs spoke French, the DMO's spoke only Spanish, the waitstaff were a hodgepodge of cultures from all around the world and the two bussers were Laotian. What a nightmare! Good thing the Laotians spoke a smattering of Cantonese and were well versed in French. This way I could communicate with the chefs.

Kuan

5. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Dear Kuan -- the training is for ME. I need to learn more Spanish.

You raised a good point, though. Right now there's a thread on ON THE RAIL about the multitude of languages in kitchens and FOH.

6. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Oh, for you, heh :) Hmm, it's called reading the post kuan....

Kuan

7. wagamama

wagamama

:bounce:
    Hi Suzanne!!:
    Espero que mires tus e-mails. quizas te pueda ayudar en la busqueda.
    Gracias y hasta luego!!
    :chef: