Spaghetti sauce recipe

Joined Dec 7, 2009
I am going to make eggplant parmesian and was thinking of using the allrecipes.com baked eggplant recipe instead of fried.

Any suggestions on a good spaghetti sauce recipe, not to hot or spicy as we are tender in the tummy in our house.

A better eggplant parmesian recipe would be welcome too if you have any ideas.

Thanks again for all your help people, I really appreciate it.

Joined Aug 7, 2009
mind posting a link?

my personal favourite is this

2 table spoons garlic ginger paste
2 diced onion
2 small dice celery
1 finely grated carrot
canned (Whole or crushed)tomatoes 16 oz
1 can tomato paste
1/2 cup of sake mixed 1 table spoon sugar
1 table spoon soy sauce
a squirt ketchup
2 cup frozen tofu ham in cubes
1 tsp hot pepper paste ( brand: Wang) ( wont make this dish spicy since its just a tiny bit)
1 fresh lemon
2 table spoons dried oregano
2 table spoon dried parsley
1 table spoon basil

method
1) in a pot fry onion in medium for 5 minutes then add the celery and garlic ginger paste and cook for 3 more minutes
2) add sake , cook till it evaporates
3) add canned tomatoes and tomato paste ( if whole crush the tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
4) add soy , oregano , parsley, basil , hot pepper sauce and grated carrots and ketchup
5) let it simmer for 15 minutes then add tofu ham and cook for 5 more minutes
6) squeeze the lemon juice into it.

to make ginger garlic paste I just peel the garlic 3:2 ratio of garlic : ginger by weight. i roughly chop them up and throw it into a food processor and mince it up then I veggie oil into a small pot to top it up and cook for 2 minutes to temper it. store it in a container and add some more oil on top to cover it. can last in fridge for up to 2 weeks. This makes the oil infused with the garlic and ginger aswell.

Joined Jul 3, 2009
My go-to sauce recipe is simple. Saute onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Add a can of crushed tomatoes and and another pureed tomatoes. Simmer, add oregano and a whole bunch of basil toward the end. Salt and pepper to taste.

Latest posts

Top Bottom