Try this recipe, I have made them several times, Mama's Meatballs. Rocco's a Douche but the meatball recipe is solid.
Hey guys some question about meatballs!!!
1) Do you soak your bread in milk? Yes
2) Do you simmer them in the sauce or just fry and drop for a few minutes? Fry first for a nice brown crust
3) What type of meat should I use, pork or beef? Yes
4) What cut? Any good ground beef, don't buy the crap in a tube.
5) Any good tips for flavor? Good parmesan, parsley, onion, garlic, 1 egg per pound, s&p, etc
Lol.....did we have the same teacher??
I agree with everything Chefbuba said, and will add; when making meatballs for spaghetti, I often like to use a 50/50 blend of ground beef and hot italian sausage. I still add parm, onion, and a bit of garlic, along with soaked bread and egg and a bit more s&p. I always fry my meatballs first, to get a nice crust, add them to my pot of sauce, and then deglaze the pan, that I fried the meatballs in, with some red wine and add that to the sauce also. It really adds a lot of flavor to the sauce.