Sous vide reheating advise please

Joined Jul 12, 2017
i am using sous vide to cook 1" cubes of marinaded chicken to intensify the flavor and keep the chicken moist. Chilling in ice water and refrigerating. However I need the chicken brought up to core temperature quicker, without drying out, as I am serving an event of 40 people at the same time I have no room in the machine to re-sous vide.

Joined Aug 15, 2003
What temp are you sous viding the chicken at? What is your "core" temp?
Why don't you have room in the sous vide water bath to re-heat the chicken?
Why are you pre-cutting the chicken into 1 inch cubes instead of cooking whole and cutting after its cooked?
What is the dish you are making with the chicken?
You probably won't find a bigger advocate for sous vide on this site than myself, but why are you going to sous vide a chicken that you can't then re-heat using the same method? If you are going to use a pan or grill or whatever to reheat the chicken, might just be better off cooking it to order that way. Would help to have more info on your method and recipe. What setup are you using for sous vide?

Joined Jul 12, 2017
What temp are you sous viding the chicken at? What is your "core" temp?
Why don't you have room in the sous vide water bath to re-heat the chicken?
Why are you pre-cutting the chicken into 1 inch cubes instead of cooking whole and cutting after its cooked?
What is the dish you are making with the chicken?
You probably won't find a bigger advocate for sous vide on this site than myself, but why are you going to sous vide a chicken that you can't then re-heat using the same method? If you are going to use a pan or grill or whatever to reheat the chicken, might just be better off cooking it to order that way. Would help to have more info on your method and recipe. What setup are you using for sous vide?
Thank you for replying !!! I was going to sous vide in batches the day before, so it was all properly cooked, it's Moroccan spiced cubed chicken marinated and sous vide inyogurt and spices, I've found that sous vide intensifies the flavor and I'm ensured it's cooked through. I'm cooking for 40 people who are all having the same thing at the same time . My machine is a Lakeland sous vide cooker that will not hold that much chicken. Sorry to be naive,just need it to be as perfect as I can. :) maybe your right and I should just cook it on the plancher ?

Joined Jul 12, 2017
Thank you for replying !!! I was going to sous vide in batches the day before, so it was all properly cooked, it's Moroccan spiced cubed chicken marinated and sous vide inyogurt and spices, I've found that sous vide intensifies the flavor and I'm ensured it's cooked through. I'm cooking for 40 people who are all having the same thing at the same time . My machine is a Lakeland sous vide cooker that will not hold that much chicken. Sorry to be naive,just need it to be as perfect as I can. :) maybe your right and I should just cook it on the plancher or in the oven.

Latest posts

Top Bottom