Sous Vide in high volume steakhouse

Joined May 5, 2010
I realize this is a 2 year old thread, and I appreciated the comments, but I'm asking about the Sous Vide steaks that are "rare" and cooled in an ice bath that are not sold. If you've ever eaten a reheated steak, you can identify the flavor and texture immediately. Does the SV process mitigate this? Anyone?

Joined Oct 13, 2018
I realize this is a 2 year old thread, and I appreciated the comments, but I'm asking about the Sous Vide steaks that are "rare" and cooled in an ice bath that are not sold. If you've ever eaten a reheated steak, you can identify the flavor and texture immediately. Does the SV process mitigate this? Anyone?
I’ve cooked chilled sous vide steaks a week after. You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. I do however sous vide the steak with nothing else. I pat dry once open, leave in the fridge uncovered for a few hours,season just before searing aggressively and depending how it’s ordered might finish in oven.

regarding best tasting, I prefer sous vide if pan seared in cast iron, but if chargrilled cooked from raw on charcoal.

just my 2c

Top Bottom