soup recipes please

Joined Dec 12, 2000
nothing is official yet, but there is a chance I might have a second job at a local golf course, one or two days a week until the end of the season, and any way the guy who interviewed asked me if I could make soup, so I told him i'm not great but in a pinch I could. so if you could email me any simple recipes or give me any tips on making soup it would be great.
Thanks.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
CoolJ,

Please check your private messages.

I have more if you want. Italian soups (it's tomato season you know)!

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Kimmie ]

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Try to get your hands on Splendid Soup by James Peterson CoolJ. It a wonderful book with recipes for every kind of soup.

What kind of soup recipes would you like?

Joined Sep 22, 2000
coolJ,

I was a saucier at a large exclusive hotel for a year. I have about twelve soup books in my library. Two books that I found myself referencing a lot are Caprial's soup and sandwiches. The daily soup cookbook by Leslie Kaul, Bob Spiegel.

With these two books and the others I eventually had a soup rotation of six weeks. That is approx. 42 different soups. (I took the recipes and changed them all. The books were good reference, But I modified them for the region that I am in.)

The thing with soups is to sweat the mirepiox for about twenty mins. This will bring out the sweetness of the veg and give your soup a lot more flavor. Also finish with fresh herbs.

Good luck, Post any more questions.

D. Lee

Joined Apr 30, 2001
By the way, Good Luck on the new job and Congratulations in advance!!!! I hope that all goes well.

Are you looking for anything in particular? Have a great italian sausage soup I would be happy to send you.

Top Bottom