Sorry I made a mistake last week.

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by inabox, Feb 15, 2017.

1. inabox

inabox

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Last week I posted a link to a youtube video that I made. I was sent a pm and told that I could not do that, but that I was more then welcome to embed my youtube video in the thread.   

So my bad for breaking the rules. Hear is that video embeded. I hope you enjoy.

kuan likes this.
  2. midlife

midlife

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    For future reference it'd be nice to have an explanation of how posting the video the way it is in THIS topic is any different from the way it was done in the other one. The only difference I see is that InABox tells us it's his own video here.

3. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    In this thread, the video is embedded, which means you can play the video from this website, without having to ever leave this website to go to another website.

In the old thread, there was a link to the video, and clicking that link meant you would go to another website (YouTube.com).

4. halb

halb

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Problem with embedding is that the right 1/4 is cut off and I cannot go full screen because I can't get at the full screen button. Maybe it's Firefox, anybody else? So what I wind up doing is copying the video URL then going to it in a new tab which takes me back to what you don't want the OP to do in the first place. At least then I have the full width and can go full screen.

5. halb

halb

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I think I see what's happening. The text in the posts wraps around the column on the right. You will notice that with long threads, if the text goes below the bottom of the right column the text will fill the whole page and go all the way to the right margin. So the text can wrap but an embedded video won't, hence the right side is cut off. So this is really a problem with the forum software. Embedded videos frames could be made smaller.

6. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    You're correct. I couldn't see it at first because my browser window is wider than yours, but once I make my browser window narrower I experience the right part of the video being hidden.

As a workaround for now, you could control-click the video and choose "Copy video URL", then paste the URL in the browser address field so that you can go watch the video on YouTube.

7. halb

halb

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Yes, that's what I have to do. And like I said, now we are back to watching the video on You Tube which is what the forum rules prohibit.

8. scott livesey

scott livesey

Exp:
    At home cook
    thanks for the video, InABox, whatever it took to get here.  Is there a place here where you can access this video and similar ones?  I sometimes get 'how to' questions for folks and it would be nice to have one place to send them for basic information.

9. inabox

inabox

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I've just recently started to make videos. I would love to become the one stop place for all how to videos but that's a long way off.