Somethings going to give....

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by nick.shu, Oct 10, 2000.

1. nick.shu

nick.shu

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The restaurant manager where i work, loves to jump my authority in the kitchen.

He loves to walk in without asking and helps himself to prep. He also O.k's extra staff meals without asking the kitchen at anytime and over the owners authority.

So what do?, without creating a impasse or causing too much tension between the floor and the kitchen.

Heheh, this reminds me of a conundrum: "Gees i would hate to be born stupid, but then again, if i was, would i know better?."

2. cookm

cookm

Nick, some front of the house person is getting in your mise en place? Maybe you could run a fork through his hand (re:stories of crazy chefs). Seriously, what are the rules there as laid down by the owner? At one restaurant I worked at, the owner, who was more in charge of the kitchen, laid down a very firm don't touch the cooks' mise. Also, not to talk to us during prep. I would first clarify what the rules are. Of course, we know they shouldn't be touching our stuff, but maybe the b*****d needs to be firmly reminded. That sucks!

3. nick.shu

nick.shu

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I prempted any of the Managers c**p by asking the owner, just what the mgr's position was.

Apparently he is so hopeless at what he does, he is only an assistant mgr.

So basically, what is going to happen is that the owner is going to reiterate to the guy what the dos and donts are and any realistic policies that i myself set, stand and arent challenged.

The funny things is, this particular manager's position only allows him to concur with the owners opinion.

Hehehe

[This message has been edited by Nick.Shu (edited October 11, 2000).]