sodium

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Lynne,

What I was refering to was the depth of texture,color and flavor in the black bass dish while still remaining low in sodium.

I was curiuse to see how you guy's felt about the balance
cc

Joined Jul 31, 2000
In regards to the sodium content in foods I use a lot of different fruit and fruit juices in low fat vinaigrettes instead of sauces I also use assorted nuts and grains to add texture and flavor. I use tangerines,pears,apples,watermelon every kind of berry. Star fruit and figs have a unique flavor and texture component. Black walnuts and brazilnuts are very low in sodium,papayas and avocados are low in sodium and also go well together, Wheat brans and wheat germ are good for crust on fish or poultry. Example black bass with a black walnut-wheat germ crust sauteed in conola oil over avocado and papaya mojo with a tangerine-cilantro vinaigrette.and steamed carolina rice. The avocado/papaya and tangirine are low in sodium and except for the avocado low in fat to.As far as the fish no problem with the conola oil and you get the benifit of omega 3 oils in the bass

Make sense nutritionpost and lynne
cc

Joined Jul 31, 2000
NP.. the bass will stand on top of the relish.I would simple garnish with cilantro sprigs and chive sticks
cc

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I'm with you, Nutritionpost. Processed foods, which most people in the western world eat too much of, have murderous amounts of sodium in them. I try to choose lower sodium foods in part because all that salt is not necessary, and also because I have mildly elevated blood pressure. You find salt added to the foods you least expect to contain it (breakfast cereal). Some grocery stores carry only Hormel's tenderized, sodium-laden "marinated" pork. Very frustrating to shop unless you are lucky enough to have shops that carry foods that are unprocessed.

Top Bottom