So what's your food addiction?

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Pringles. They are so well organized in their box...

Please keep'em away from me...

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
I don't know where to begin....I am addicted to pizza, root beer, cider (the hard stuff, and no I am not alcoholic:) ), and, of course, Gummi Bears!!! Of course there are a few others that I would like to be addicted to, but they cost way too much!!

Joined Feb 22, 2002
This is one of those "where do i start?" kind of polls, like the favorite sandwich one.
I am addicted to soda, but I've been better lately. It's easier in the summer to turn to juices and water, because frankly, soda doesn't quench my thirst or cool me off.
I can't go very long without a good rotation of food. Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Mexican..
I think I'm just addicted to food in general ;)

Joined Nov 29, 2001
Definitely coffee. Primo #1 addiction. If I ever tried to give up coffee, they'd have to sedate me for 3 days so I could live through the withdrawal. (Like they do to drug addicts.)

As for solid foods...

* Bread
* Pasta
* Sweets
* Tomatoes

This is a good topic right now - with all our stuff in boxes, it's easy to find solace in something sweet or fried. Once we're settled in FL and a routine has established itself, I think eating right will be easier.

Joined Nov 20, 2000
I agree with everyone and everything. If I had to make a choice though it would be cheap cardboard pizza from the local true Italian pizzaria LOADED with Pepperoni!!!!!!!!!

And I'm on a 3 month dieting program so leave me alone:D
Though I can pig out once a week!!!!:lips:

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Diet Coke. I don't have a blood stream, I have a Diet Coke stream. I get a cut, I don't bleed, I fizz. Every few hours, I get too much blood in my Diet Coke stream and I have to redilute it with fresh elixir.

Phil

Joined May 26, 2001
Leftovers. Cold, straight from the fridge. Doesn't matter leftover WHAT. Could be pizza, roast chicken (especially the bones), mac & cheese, anything in a doggy bag. Once I start, I just can't stop myself :eek: :eek: :eek: Standing in the corner by the sink, digging into the plastic container with my fingers, please, someone help me!!!!!!! (That's why I usually freeze anything that's left; so that it will still be there when I'm ready to make it into something else)

Joined Jun 16, 2002
I am addicted to my homemade bread, cookies and ice cream.

Maybe shrimp too. I love shrimp any way it's fixed, and tomatoes out of my garden.

Sue

Joined May 26, 2001
But Kimmie, the whole point of an addiction is that one has no control over oneself. It's the addictive nature of ... whatever you're addicted to, to take control over you, instead of vice versa.:( (Sorry, my dictionary is not much help on this one.)

If you were ever a cigarette smoker, you'd understand. :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Maybe if I weren't such a good cook ... :rolleyes: ;)

Joined Nov 29, 2001
Forgot one - and I'd be interested to know if anyone else has this particular problem...

Free Food

Whenever meetings are catered I can't stop myself. Maybe it comes from "having gone without." (Not exactly a bountiful childhood...) It feels like an involuntary response - if food is there and it's free, I feel I need to load up. To a lesser degree the same holds true for buffets. If it's one price, I feel a desire to leave uncomfortably full or I feel I'm not getting my $$ worth.

Any thoughts?

Joined Feb 6, 2002
I cant eat Free Food...I always wonder why they are giving it away :eek:

I also forgot the one other thing Im addicted too...MILO. :rolleyes: I went through 3 cans of the stuff in 1 week! :eek: If that isnt an addiction I dont know what is.

Joined Feb 21, 2001
I always wanted a custom bumper sticker for my beat-up S-10..."This truck brakes for potato chips."
Pizza, ice cream, chocolate, uh, actually, whatever I happen to be eating at the moment, even down to the mix of Trix and Apple Stroodle cereal I just woofed. This morning it was bialys with pepper jack cheese melted onto them. And now me and No. 1 daughter are off to Dairy Queen.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Dips and dunks....if it's a decent dip I'll dunk until it's gone, veggies, chips, breadsticks, lavosh, ...go figure....Donuts in coffee, another addiction I try hard to just avoid. I also pick at containers of berries...or the crusty cheese on the side of a pan, say what is that called anyway?
I hanker for Thai and Veitnamese noodles.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Coffee. Sometimes I drink up to two pots of coffee in one day. I need to cut down.

Duck. Keep that stuff away from me. I love duck, I love duckfat even more. I can sit down and eat a whole duck fat and all. It's sick...

Altoids. I've recently had to stop purchasing them. Might as well be smoking a pack of cigarettes a day.

Kuan

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
Kuan, along with duck and duck fat, are duck cracklin's. You know, the crispy skin left over from rendering all the fat. At one of my old jobs, we always pulled them out, hit them with salt and tobasco. I couldn't walk past the prep table they were sitting on without grabbing a handful!!!!

Joined Jul 15, 2002
What a great question...

Chips and spicy chunky salsa
Delicious steaming mussels
Chicken and rice

Those would definitely have to be my weaknesses... oh what a weak person i am...

About the free food/buffet thing, i dont know about free food. it all really depends on the food. Like free Chips Ahoys or Oreo or maybe hot pizza. Sometimes though, food thats given away for free doesnt look all that appitizing. Like crusty doughnuts.
And im not ususally a big fan of buffets. Some are good, but i've experience some that are gross where cold food left out for hours were the least of their problems.

Joined Nov 29, 2001
By free, I don't mean the food has been offered by the preparer at no charge, I mean it's free to me. i.e. Offered at a meeting or event of some type. Someone paid for it - just not me.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Cracklin's yummy! The DMO's thought they were the best darn "chicharone" ever! Also, anyone eat the marrow out of roasted veal bones before you set them on the boil? Simple pleasures... mmm. Sometimes the stuff you're not supposed to serve is the best in the world, like the bones carved off a 109, or the edge of a potato gratin. Yum...

Kuan

Top Bottom