so many gadgets, so little counterspace...

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by roon, Jan 21, 2002.

1. roon

roon

How many of you have kitchen things that you have bought, thinking it would be a wonderful thing, and then never used it? Or bought lots of wonderful things, that you like to use (but maybe aren't really necessary) and now they clog your counterspace?

I hate clutter in my kitchen. It's a self defense mechanism- if it's cluttered, I have a harder time keeping it clean, which depresses me. My kitchen gadgets consist of a crock-pot, a toaster (used about once a month for bagels), a waffle-iron, a hot-air popper, jetstream oven, and a food dehydrator. All of them I use regularly, with the exception of the jetstream and the dehydrator (need to order some new parts for them!)

I don't even have a microwave. And I hate food processors. And I get along just fine.

I used to have so much stuff that I never used, and I finally got tired of it and got rid of most of it, and I'm so much better off! Anyone else feel the same way?

:):)

2. daveb

daveb

I, too, am a sucker for appliances. However, my house came with a large coat closet (6 feet wide by 2 deep) just ouside the kitchen. This now has 3 shelves serving as a pantry and 2 shelves to hold all those great appliances you use one a month.

The kitchen has only my KA mixer, the coffee maker and my wife's food processor. The toaster, crock pot steamer, waffle iron, etc. are just a few steps away when needed.

:chef:

3. kylew

kylew

Exp:
    Home Chef
  4. kokopuffs

kokopuffs

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I have two Farberware rotisseries that I'd like to get rid of. They occupy too much space.

5. roon

roon

LOL!! :lol:

6. nancya

nancya

FOR SALE:

1 small George Foreman grill
    1 freezer-tub type ice cream maker
    1 Krups espresso maker
    1 "multi-cooker" - slow cooker, rice steamer, deep fryer
    1 sunbeam mixmaster

and probably some other gadgets that I never use.

Oh, and the cat would like me to throw in her litter maid and cat playhouse, too.

7. isa

isa

How about an online garage sale?

I don't have many items I regret buying except for an interior BBQ by Tefal. Aftef that purchase I learned my lesson since I used that thing maybe twices.

Sometime I find myself looking at The Foreman grill or the rotisserie thinking I surely would use that lot before realising I am not much of a meat eater.

Nancy,

My cat is wondering what your cat would like in exchange for his playhouse? ;)

8. rachel

rachel

I love kitchen gadgets, but not the electric kind. I like old-fashioned ones that do jobs that i don't need done and take up lots of space in a tiny kitchen. I used to have about ten different kinds of pestle and mortars when I only ever used two. i also had a wooden tortilla maker to make torillas for the Mexican food that i cooked once a year. Every kitchen must have one!!!