So I am officially addicted

Discussion in 'Cooking Knife Reviews' started by braising cows, Aug 13, 2012.

1. braising cows

braising cows

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Last winter I decided I was going to buy myself my second nice knife (First kit got stolen out of my car) because I couldn't stand using the dull knives at work anymore and waiting the two weeks for them to get "sharpened" and plus I got tired of hunting down measuring spoons and peelers at work and all I have to say is I don't want to stop now. I started off getting the 10 inch shun classic from chefknivestogo.com because I needed a lefty and Mark was the only one to carry it but now I will be making all future purchases through him, I the told myself and the wife I had to have a utility knife as well so I purchased a global 6 inch which is ok but might have to get replaced soon due to blade thickness (you see what I mean) an most recently ordered a  tojiro dp gyuto because I have to have a small chef knife for working on the line.....I initially came to this forum just to research and now you have all created a monster and I would like to thank you for the new hobby!!!

2. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Ha, ha - that's the tip of the iceberg my friend . . . just sayin'

3. braising cows

braising cows

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Yes it is.... just ordered a shapton 1000k stone and a idahone ceramic honing rod per recommendation of BDL and Mark as well. These sharp toys make the long work days so much more enjoyable!