So Cal newb

Joined Feb 20, 2004
Hi. I've been lurking for awhile and thought I'd add my $0.02. I've been 'cooking' for a long time, but recently started getting more serious about it.

I'm really getting to the science of food, an I have a border-line obsession with Alton Brown.

cheers!

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hi StinkyMnky1. (I do hope you have a shorter name... :) )

You've come to the right place. There are some culinary chemists supreme in this group! They can answer questions from "Why does water boil" to "What size are batonnettes vs. matchsticks?"

What do you enjoy cooking?

Joined Feb 20, 2004
with AutoFill enabled I don't realize how long the username is.

I started by following recipes, then working my way up to individual dishes and now I'm interested in full meals.

I really want to be able to serve my family (a captive audience) a balanced meal, nutritionaly and tastefuly speaking. It's also an excuse to enjoy some nice wines.

Tom
(aka StinkyMnky1)

Joined Mar 5, 2004
Hey i found this site the other day and had to join.

I am not a chef at any restaurant or at any business at all, but i am a chef at home!!! i love to cook it's relaxing to me. plus i'll be at home with the GF and i'll put something together and i will give it the best presitation.

well anyways i admire chef's nothing better then biting into a nice peice of salmon crusted w/ nuts......yummy hehe

What do you all wear. the newers crazy bright patterns or the traditional black and white.....

nice meeting everyone bye for now

dalix24

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hi Dalix24, and welcome to Chef Talk. There are many, many of us here who are home cooks and who enjoy creating great food at home. We're glad you found us, and I hope you enjoy all of the forums. Browse and post to your heart's content!

Mezzaluna

Latest posts

Top Bottom