Small busineas ideas

Joined Mar 26, 2021
Hello fellow chefs

As many of us have at least once thought of opening our own business, I too also had this discussion amongst my co workers. I'm sure money is a dividing factor for alot of us which brings me to the more important parts opening a business, so I am here looking for your ideas or experiences.
What are some start up ideas for experienced cooks or chefs your familiar with??

Meal prep company that delivers meals?
Operating a delivery only ghost kitchen?
Food truck or cart?
Private chef services?

Pretty much all I can think of besides opening a restaurant which can be extremely costly as all these I'm sure. Anyways enough talking, please share types of businesses for chefs. Thanks for your ideas.

Joined Feb 8, 2009
I agree Brick and Mortar is the scariest. I always wondered why two Chefs didn't get together to open two types of Cuisine at the same location. The Breakfast and Lunch Chef could be open from 6AM to 2PM and do their menu. The other Chef could do a fine dining / Bistro style menu/ Italian or whatever. The second Chef/Owner could be open from 5-10PM with their Dinner menu. This way the property could be used for both Businesses at at about 1/2 the price. The Logistics of signage and dining room could be figured out to meet the needs of both.......

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Hello fellow chefs

As many of us have at least once thought of opening our own business, I too also had this discussion amongst my co workers. I'm sure money is a dividing factor for alot of us which brings me to the more important parts opening a business, so I am here looking for your ideas or experiences.
What are some start up ideas for experienced cooks or chefs your familiar with??

Meal prep company that delivers meals?
Operating a delivery only ghost kitchen?
Food truck or cart?
Private chef services?

Pretty much all I can think of besides opening a restaurant which can be extremely costly as all these I'm sure. Anyways enough talking, please share types of businesses for chefs. Thanks for your ideas.
I'm ready to start my own thing too, and I'm weighing between doing the meal prep delivery or a personal chef set up. I was pretty set on doing wholesale baking, but because I don't have a full-time kitchen of my own, I thought it might be good to start with things that are in other people's kitchens, so I'm leaning towards personal chef. The start up costs aren't much and if you join one of the ps associations the cost includes your liability insurance.

Joined Mar 29, 2021
I agree Brick and Mortar is the scariest. I always wondered why two Chefs didn't get together to open two types of Cuisine at the same location. The Breakfast and Lunch Chef could be open from 6AM to 2PM and do their menu. The other Chef could do a fine dining / Bistro style menu/ Italian or whatever. The second Chef/Owner could be open from 5-10PM with their Dinner menu. This way the property could be used for both Businesses at at about 1/2 the price. The Logistics of signage and dining room could be figured out to meet the needs of both.......
Intriguing idea, I like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom