Slowly the bread rises :)

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by nicko, Aug 2, 2000.

1. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Well M, I have overcome my fear of bread via Beth Henspergers book Basic Bread and I find that it is actually very relaxing and theraputic. Reminds me a lot of when I had a Bonzai garden and how relaxing it was taking care of the baby trees. It is a great way to get away from all of the insanity. The taste of the fresh bread is excellent, and something I wish I had time for every day. Of course we know that although that is a nice thought it is impossible. So I am left with the thought they I may have to go the bread machine route.

------------------
    Thanks,

Nicko
    [email protected]

2. m brown

m brown

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Bread machines are not the downfall of society i once thought they were. it is lovely to balance out a wonderful formula for bread and let the machine do the work. if you want to be hands-on, use the machine to mix and you can knead and proof.
    we always have fresh bread in the house now, rye, multi-grain, white and wheat. great for french toast to pastrami sandwiches!
    I have a used Welbuilt but they now have machines that bake a normal loaf shape.
    I have the luxury of going to work and baking brioche and mixing pizza doughs several times a week so i don't require the therapy of kneading at home.