simple desserts

Joined Dec 12, 2000
I'm thinking that it would be a nice treat for our guests at work if we made homemade desserts, and all I can come up with for easy to make, is pie. can anyone give me some suggestions ?.

Thanks,
Jeff

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Well, all I know of is homemade...

Cobbler
Mixed berry fool
Butterscotch Pudding
Upside down cake
Pound cake with fresh fruit and syrup
Tarts

I could go on and on...
Is this the sort of thing you are looking for? :confused:

Joined Feb 6, 2001
Cookies!

Almost everyone enjoys cookies. Some like the supersized varieties like chocolate chip, peanut butter and oatmeal. I like to serve a small tray of about five or six different types of "tea cookies". These are small in shape so that they can be eaisly popped into your mouth. Not everyone likes a large sweet, but a litte cookie or two can and often does the trick.
I make amaretti, wedding cakes, choc-hazelnut, italian butter cookies, sesame cookies, etc. You don't have to go crazy, just a few batches, and they can last a long time in the cooler until needed!

Joined Oct 27, 1999
How about fools? Like gooseberry fool, rhubarb fool, etc. I made a rhubarb fool recently that kept both its shape and flavor overnight. They are easy and a little different too!

Joined Oct 27, 1999
I forgot ... if you want the recipe to rhubarb fool, I will gladly post it.

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
How about Galette or free form pie. Not sure which is the proper term in English. In any case they have a "homy" look and can be so delicious. Less dough and more fruits.

I love poached fruits compote, simple dessert and an healthy alternative. There are a few recipes in Baking With Julia if my memory serves me correctly.

Other ideas:

mousse
cream pie either coconut or chocolate or peanut butter

banana nut bread or other bread like blueberry, apple, cranberry, orange , etc.

Joined Dec 12, 2000
Thank you everyone for your replies. I would like to let you know, that my manager, hired a couple of people to take care of the baking and desserts, and so far they seem to be putting out a good selection of homemade pastries, etc...

Joined May 29, 1999
chocolate mousse

angel food cake with sorbet and berries

ice cream with tuiles and homemade chocolate ganach sauce

guess i am hungry!

Joined Oct 15, 2000
Current special I'm running that is very easy. Small puff pastry "pillows" cut into 3 layers with strawberries and ganache. In short, a napoleon. Put in pool of mint anglaise. Couple squirts o' chocolate around the plate and some chiffonade mint scattered about. Quick, easy, and delicious. :cool:

Top Bottom