Silverton Bread Recipes

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by risa, Oct 16, 2001.

1. risa

risa

I'm slowly working my way through the Breads from LaBrea book; mostly to use my starter. I did a baking marathon from Sunday morning to late Monday night. I made one batch of the pumpkin bread. YUM! No pumpkin/sweet potato taste at all but it's tasty, nutty and moist. Excellent crust. It made one of the best turkey sandwiches I've ever had. I also did a double batch of the Italian Ring Bread. I made one large ring loaf, 2 medium size cheese foccaccia and lots of breadsticks. I did a variety of breadsticks: caramelized onion, pesto and cheese. The pesto ones were apparently just ok. I used bottled pesto because I've only ever had homemade and wanted to see how bottled compares. It was yuck and I wanted to use up as much of it as I could. The cheese and caramelized onion sticks were great. I brought them to work and I didn't get much work done today because of all the emails praising the breadsticks and requests for the recipe. I may actually be able to give away some of my starter and not throw out so much!

I think I'll try the walnut and mushroom breads when I get back from Manila.

2. isa

isa

Wow Risa that is quite a bread marathon.

I like the idea of pumpkin bread, I'll look into it.

3. kylew

kylew

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Stop her before she bakes again! :)

I love the Oooh, Ahhhh's I get at work. I am shameless:smiles:

4. kimmie

kimmie

Man will do many things to get himself loved; he will do all things to get himself envied. ~~ Mark Twain

5. isa

isa

lol: lol: lol:

6. kylew

kylew

Exp:
    Home Chef
    "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam"
    Popeye The Sailor Man

7. kimmie

kimmie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: