Sicilian lemon ice cream

Joined Mar 4, 2010
Does anyone have a sicilian lemon ice cream recipe which the italians serve inside the lemon?

I bought very nice organic lemons and I that is my favorite ice cream! I would like to try because they are not easily found here in Brazil.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Joined Feb 1, 2007
I can't help you with ice cream. But Mario Batali has a recipe for Lemon Sorbetto in his Molto Gusto that might be suitable:

10-12 lemons, preferably organic

1/2 cup sugar

2 cups simple syrup

Zest 4 of the lemons, using a Microplne or other rasp grater. Put the sugar in a small bowl and, using the palms of your hands, rub the zest into the sugar.

Juice enough of the lemons to make 2 cups, and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the simple syrup and sugared zest and whisk well to combine. Do the egg test and add more juice or water or more sugar syrup, a little at a time, if necessary. Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours, or until thoroughly chilled, stirring occasionally to dissolve all the sugar.

Strain the lemon juice mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufactere's instructions. Pack into a freezer container and freeze for at least 1 hour before serving. (the sorbet is best served the day it is made).

Joined Apr 3, 2008
lol, no problem. I read it and decided a link was far easier then trying to explain by retyping it.

Joined Mar 4, 2010
....(now reading the whole text in the link above).. Excellent material!!/img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom