Showing off my Strawberry Almond Trifle

Joined Dec 30, 2015
The trifle is in a large, round punch bowl. I didn't have anything else to fit it, and it's hard to see the size. It is my contribution to a party this evening, and will feed 30. Scratch everything, it is a very lightly sweetened vanilla pound cake with an intense fresh strawberry compote and almond whipped cream with toasted, slivered almonds. Can't wait to have some. You guys need to do a dessert challenge one of these years. Though I could have entered coffee... Still, maybe I can dump some soy sauce on it and enter it in the Chinese challenge. Lol!

IMG_8991.JPG

Last edited:
Joined May 28, 2015
You guys need to do a dessert challenge one of these years. Though I could have entered coffee... Still, maybe I can dump some soy sauce on it and enter it in the Chinese challenge. Lol!

How about a Chinese dessert for the Cooking Challenge drirene drirene ? I know nothing about how to go about making one but there has to be a challenge there! Lychees perhaps? This has me thinking...

Joined Dec 30, 2015
How about a Chinese dessert for the Cooking Challenge? I know nothing about how to go about making one but there has to be a challenge there! Lychees perhaps? This has me thinking...

morning glory, I recently watched a very entertaining and informative show on Amazon prime, Mike Chen's "Strictly Dumpling," a how-to show.

I'm not a big fan of Chinese food except for dumplings. How about carbo overload fried dumplings filled with sweetened, fragrant sticky rice in Lychee sauce? Yuk yuk yuk!

I think I'll wait. But I'd love to see what Chinese sweet you can come up with!

Top Bottom