Shortcut for cutting boneless chicken thighs?

Joined Apr 24, 2016
The restaurant I work for cuts boneless chicken thighs into 1/2in strips for breading and frying for a Japanese dish. Right now we prep the chicken with a knife, 80lb - 120lb per week and it's getting annoying. Is there a machine or shortcut to doing this?

Joined Jun 27, 2012

If they are boneless, that should take you what, 10 minutes?  I don't know what you are complaining about.  Sharpen your knives.
Plus....

If there was a machine and/or easier way the house could drop an employee off the payroll and give everyone else a raise.

Everyday prep can be mindlessly boring.

Get used to it.

mimi

Last edited:
Joined Apr 3, 2008

If they are boneless, that should take you what, 10 minutes?  I don't know what you are complaining about.  Sharpen your knives.
I doubt I could get through 100lbs in 10 minutes but sharpened knives would make it a whole lot easier.

Plus....

If there was a machine and/or easier way the house could drop an employee off the payroll and give everyone else a raise.

Everyday prep can be mindlessly boring.

Get used to it.

mimi
I've never heard of any business dropping employees so that they could give any other employee a raise.  And even if this was true, then some poor guy is out of a job.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
If they are trying to keep the skin on it could be challenging, but I'm guessing they are using skinless/boneless thighs which are a piece of cake.  Give 'em a whack to flatten a little, stack and slice two at a time.  It's called knife skills for a reason.  

Joined Jun 23, 2015
Sounds like job security to me.  If you are annoyed at this maybe you should reflect on your choice of careers.  Welcome to chef talk.  Some of our answers may sound hard but they are well intended.  You will find a lot of good advice on the website.  .

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Freeze the block and put on slicer if you want quick. 

But it's ugly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom