Selling Bread

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by dash of pepper, Nov 20, 2012.

1. dash of pepper

dash of pepper

Exp:
    Other
    I was so sad that my Bread didn't sell this last week.  It's a new product at our store.  From my head ...to hand...to product to sell.  It is a great bread....but for some reason people only go what they know and trust.  We have tried placement in the store.... I was sure that would help....they gave out samples and people bought the bread after they sampled it.  But How can you have people try a new bread!  My boss said she won't come down on the price.  I thought maybe having it " on sale "   would bring more people to try it.  Packaging is simple but it is what it is.  Any Ideas?  That doesn't cost money! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif   The name is OK ...I can't change what they call it.  Anyway, trying to think of something...thought , maybe with more heads, it would help!  Remember we can't change the name / price / packaging.  Advertisement...that costs, so that's out.  Would a " New " with an arrow to it help? ( sign wise )

2. apprentichef

apprentichef

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Make and sell sandwiches with the bread.

Your boss is wrong to not sell it at or under cost. You promote a new product, and when people like it, then they are prepared to pay more for it.

3. foodnfoto

foodnfoto

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Maybe tell us what the name and price is so we can help  with ideas for marketing the new product.

4. dash of pepper

dash of pepper

Exp:
    Other
    Well, I had an Idea today that  they might have done tonight.  We had " Turkey Tuesday"  with all the fixings.  I made rolls out of the recipe.  I suggested puting a sign near/ under or above where  the rolls were set on the line saying something like, ... Now available in bread and roll form !( I know that's not it...but something like that )  anyway, she thought it was a good Idea, and was thinking about it when I left.  But as busy as we were, she probably forgot..  It was a great day!  made soooo many apple pies!  Lots of spacial orders.  ( I work at a Real Food Market and Deli.  I am the baker there)  We spacial in Gluten Free.  Products  on the line are Vegan / Vegetarian  mostly but we also have one meat dish, one meat soup and  one meat pizza.  Maybe because this IS a wheat bread...maybe our costumers just aren't going to buy it?  We will see.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  5. dash of pepper

dash of pepper

Exp:
    Other
    I can't remember right off the top of my head.  I think they are calling it " Whole Wheat Oat and Seed Bread"  I think it is $5.49.  Not sure.

6. dash of pepper

dash of pepper

Exp:
    Other
    I asked her about making sandwiches out of it.  she said I couldn't keep up the volume that they do. One day they made 94 sand. for lunch.  I only work 8 hrs on monday and friday ( 6 - 2 ) and 6 on tues / wends /thursday theree,( 6 - 12 )  My other job I work  tues / wends / thurs 3 to 9pm. 

I have to make 190 GF rolls and W.W. ( my recipe ) on friday for something.

Today I made 39 loafs of GF. Bread ( for bread crumb / stuffing  and loafs )  Cooked off about 190 Gf rolls and 190 Wheat ( my Recipe)

Soooo we'll see how much they sell tonight.

Made 9 loafs of banana bread also.

7. apprentichef

apprentichef

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Well, I'm not sure that you should replace all the bread used for sandwiches but instead feature it as a special.

8. dash of pepper

dash of pepper

Exp:
    Other
    That's a good Idea  Thank you!  I'll mention that!  :)