Self Rising Flour

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
I was in need of self rising flour yesterday but I had none home. I figure I could probably make some myself so I checked the internet. My problem is that I found so many version I didn't know which one I could trust. All the recipes called for all purpose flour, salt and baking powder. The amount of baking powder varied from1 to 2 teaspoon per cup of flour. Other version also had baking soda.

Could someone please tell me what the standard are for creating self rising flour?

Thanks for your help!

Sisi

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Cchiu,

Thanks for the suggestion. After another trip to the store I know I can eliminate any version that includes baking soda. It seems self rising flour only contains baking powder and salt plus flour of course.

Thanks!

Sisi

Joined Dec 30, 1999
If you don't get a response you are satisfied with, I would recommend using a recipe from a website you trust, or that provides the recipe for what you are using it for (like cake vs. bread)

Joined Dec 30, 1999
If you don't get a response you are satisfied with, I would recommend using a recipe from a website you trust, or that provides the recipe for what you are using it for (like cake vs. bread)

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Wow, this is very interesting. I'll have to check that book.

Thanks Jesse!

Top Bottom