Seattle. Good eats.

Joined May 22, 2010
I need suggestions, and I need to know why you're suggesting the suggestion that you're suggesting to me, please. :)

I'm back down south of the border at the end of this week... and I want good eats. Not frou-frou eats. Not fancy eats. I want good, honest food that blows my mind. Ethnic, local, regional... don't care. I want a meal I'm gonna remember.

Anyone have any ideas?

Joined Aug 7, 2009
On my trip to Seattle The Pike Place had some really great clam chowder.

I think its ranked first for the best clam chowder in the city.

Joined Oct 15, 2010
You can't go wrong just browsing and eating through Pike. Here are some good places off the top of my head:

Beecher's Handmade Cheese - you can watch them make the cheese and get a grilled cheese to go.

Piroshky-Piroshky - really good baked goods.

I really love the fresh crumpets from the Crumpet Shop. But it looks like it's under renovation and won't re-open for a while.

If possible, take a food tour. Either one offered at the market or from Savor Seattle. We took 2 tours from Savor Seattle last time and loved them both. You get to sample a lot of food from different places as well as some facts and history of Seattle.

Also, we had a few meals at BOKA Kitchen at the Hotel 1000 (just a few blocks from Pike). The happy hour deals are really good ($3 for truffle fries!) and the food was tasty. We've also had some wonderful desserts from there as well as a great breakfast.

Grand Central Cafe is a good place to grab breakfast or lunch. The bacon egg bolo is delicious. I also had a wonderful beet soup there.

For something sweet, I love the Chocolate Box. You can get a variety of hot and cold chocolate drinks. There are also lots of other chocolate treats to choose from.

Top Bottom