Chef Forum banner

Searching for a unique ingredient need HELP!! Fermented butter...

769 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  brianshaw 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
My company, Glaze, and I are bringing a very exciting new product into the United States from Japan called Baumkuchen. This will be the first bakery of its kind in the US and therefore proving very difficult to locate all necessary ingredients. While we were in Japan training on how to make this amazing cake we were using a product that was translated to us as fermented butter as well as the oil version, fermented butter oil. Our team at Glaze has been hard at work searching for an avenue to source this product and we have had very little success. If you have any idea where we might be able to locate it or anyone who might be helpful please pass on the information!! If you are interested in hearing anymore about the company or product please PM... Thank you in advance for your assistance -- Chef Abby

#2 ·
Possibly since its so hard to finf you ought to be the exclusive importer .You may do well with it here

#5 ·
Baumkuchen is not new to the US. I regularly get it at Stork's Bakery in Whitestone Queens, NY. They make very tasty ones, as do quite a few other pastry chefs I've known.

Cultured butter can be found easily too. Organic Valley makes a cultured butter as does the Vermont Butter and Cheese Co.

However, it's pretty easy to make your own.

I've done it plenty when my ex and I had a cow. Hated the damn cow-a sweet, innocent looking demon- but loved her butter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.