School finally openiing

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by wanabechef, Jan 30, 2003.

1. wanabechef

wanabechef

Well, I am back. My school here in Sacramento is finally scheduled to start February 3rd. It has been put off twice. I was afraid that they would cancel again at the last moment.
    When it was supposed to start in December there was not a full class, but there is now. I am curious to see what sort of mix the class will be.
    I guess I should introduce myself to those who were not aboard when I posted a few months ago.
    My name is Jennine. I am a retired from a govenment job, am 66 years old and am fulfilling my dream of going to culinary school.
    My only experience in the food industry is working 6 months at my father-in-laws bakery in 1962, and working at McDonalds part-time when I was 55.
    My passion has for the last 10 years has been entering competition at my county fair and the State fair.
    My school is being held at a skills and business school site. It is with the local school district. It only cost $280 to sign up, and books and supplies are only supposed to cost about $800.
    I signed up for the 42 week program ,which is American and Internationl cooking. I am also going to take the baking program, which is 24 weeks. That part will not start until September.
    Will post again after first day. :bounce:

2. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    AT LAST! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Looking forward to hearing about your experience. :D

3. chefclaycollins

chefclaycollins

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Yeah! Glad to hear it. Good Luck!