- Joined Aug 21, 2009
On Monday I had an order for well done fries so I put a bunch into a skillet and put them in the salamander. I raised it so the stuff would be closer to the heat but when I was lowering it, the handle broke off in my hand and it fell into the pot of boiling water just below and I got splashed. My coat and tshirt absorbed a lot of the water but I was left with a small scald on my neck. If I had not had my coat on and did not have a shirt on underneath it I would be dealing with some severe burns but I was saved by my coat!