Sarku Japan: Chicken Teriyaki?

Joined May 8, 2012
thanks dude.i was dieing because i never have any money and i could have that stuff for brec lunch and din.every day.im not kidding.it is omg.

Joined May 15, 2012
Can you please send me this recipe you have on the chicken teriyaki you made I love this food I want to try this so bad thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Joined Dec 11, 2010
Thanks to this forum and just for fun, I made short video clip of my Chicken Teriyaki experience. Thanks everyone who helped me get the recipe.

Joined Apr 25, 2012
This is amazing. Just tried something similar last week, but i couldn't find chicken thights and had to use breast. Can't wait to try it hy the book at some point.

Joined Nov 15, 2012
Ok, so I tried this reciepe and I for the life of me cannot get my chicken to thicken.  I have to admit, I do not have a mixer, so by hand for the last 45 minutes I have been stirring chicken and it is not working.  I have the chicken, water, sherry, pepper and oil in the mixing bowl.  Am I missing an ingredient? 

Thanks

Joined Sep 3, 2012
Ok, so I tried this reciepe and I for the life of me cannot get my chicken to thicken.  I have to admit, I do not have a mixer, so by hand for the last 45 minutes I have been stirring chicken and it is not working.  I have the chicken, water, sherry, pepper and oil in the mixing bowl.  Am I missing an ingredient? 

Thanks
Cornstarch.

Joined Jan 30, 2012
@ Love & Rita....

just go thru the thread from the start.   All the information is there and it's only 3 pages. 

Reading everything will also help you as you will get all the tips/hints and pointers. (and opinions)

Joined Jan 7, 2013
I love the stir fried carrots, cabbage and broccoli served with the teriyaki.  Can you tell me what is squirted onto the griddle first before adding the vegetables?  Is it a flavored oil or just water to create steam?  Would like to know details on how to make them at home.

Joined Mar 19, 2013
Has anybody bothered to ask one of the guys at Sarku about the recipe? If you ask the manager obviously you'll be out of luck but try to ask one of the guys who's at the grille. 
My local Sarkus have hispanic guys doing the grilling and, because I'm also hispanic, I know they won't mind telling you the ingredients used.

Joined Jan 30, 2012
Has anybody bothered to ask one of the guys at Sarku about the recipe? If you ask the manager obviously you'll be out of luck but try to ask one of the guys who's at the grille. 
My local Sarkus have hispanic guys doing the grilling and, because I'm also hispanic, I know they won't mind telling you the ingredients used.
Read the thread... the entire process and recipe is here.   From one of the guys who did work at the Japanese commissary kitchen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom