Sandy's Low Fat/Healthy Margarine & Sugar Diet Episode

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by kerryclan, Apr 10, 2005.

1. kerryclan

kerryclan

Grab the sugar bag and petroleum products we're gonna eat our way to diabetes and cardiac arrest! :eek:

This episode was supposed to be Low Fat/Healthy 2. Our Princess of Puke is advocating lots of trans-fat and sugar for a heart healthy, low calorie meal. Maybe she knows something the medical profession missed! :cool:

Appetizer: Stuffed mushrooms. Take lots of melted margarine (same calories as butter or olive oil, but much more trans fat - which is what your heart needs) throw some pre-chopped onions in it (buy pre-chopped so you don't mess up your make-up) squish in some low fat artificial cream cheese, parmesan, garlic powder (much better for the arteries than fresh), and a bag of stuffing mix. Stuff into margarined mushrooms. No seasoning needed for this recipe. (This one really offends me as I love stuffed mushrooms and have several recipes that are much healthier.)

Salad and Goat Cheese Balls: Slice up some radichio, rinse very lightly, don't dry, toss with a lot of thick, brown balsamic brown sugar dressing. Place goat cheese balls that you rolled in powdered almonds and paprika. Why have cheese balls in a lowfat salad, you wonder? This is Sandy. And leave it to her to put "balls" and "nuts" in the same recipe! :D No seasoning needed for this one either. :eek:

Entree: Bake unseasoned salmon steaks then finish ruining them by pouring a balsamic, juice, brown sugar, chicken stock (why, I have no idea)and corstarch "glaze" on them. Oh, we know it could have been thickened by reducing, but why wait? Just mix cornstarch in it. Much healthier. ;) Put them on a bed of instant white rice. Nothin' like empty carbs to boost your health.

Dessert: Always Sandy's proudest moment. This time she outdid her Viennese Ice Cream Cake slop. :p Go to store and buy an angel food bundt cake. You need to put something in the center, so mix a packet of peach jello with hot grape juice and throw in some frozen peach slices and ricotta cheese (low fat, or course). Put in fridge. Get out your tub of low cal cool whip ( a must have for any health conscious person) and slather it all over the cake. When your peach filling looks like vomit, spoon it into the center of the cake. :eek:

Cocktail: Some horrible swampy looking thing called Kimbo's Mojitos. Lime, mint, crushed in alcohol (she said it was alcohol free, but the bottle of Bacardi's right next to the pitcher gave it away) and sugar syrup. Fill the pitcher with water and reconstituted lime juice. (If my fish tank looked like this stuff, I'd do an emergency water and filter change.)

Tablescape: Fresh fruit and herb centerpiece. Lots of green. Of course, only use fresh fruit for decorating, never eat or serve it! That's what fruit cups are for. :confused:

If you want to make this stuff heart healthy and low cal, you certainly can. Replace margarine with olive oil, leave the cheese balls out, leave the sugar and sugar syrup out, eliminate the cool whip and jello, or the whole cake, substitute with fresh fruit, replace the bag of suffing mix with a smaller amount of regular bread crumbs and lots more herbs. Er, in general - don't do this SandySLop meal! :chef:

2. markv

markv

Kerryclan:

I want you to know that I have thoroughly enjoyed your postings/reviews regarding Sandra Lee.

I can't wait till her next show now because:

1) I still think she's hot and....

2) to see your review.

Mark

3. kerryclan

kerryclan

Thanks, MarkV.

If you think she's hot, too bad you missed the Tropical Dinner episode. The shirt really showed off her puddin' cups! :p

Ya, know, I saw on another forum that Sandy's husband owns FN and that's why she has a show. I don't know if it's true, but that would explain a lot! :eek:

4. markv

markv

FN???? Food Network? Her husband owns the food network???

Mark

5. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I'm feeling the other way. This reviewing is just bitterness and does nothing to drive the purposes of this site. One or two comments are enough to establish the facts/opinions.

Time to move on now to other topics.

Phil

6. kerryclan

kerryclan

Phil, If this is not your cup of tea, you can start a new thread or enjoy other topics on this site. The reviewing is not just bitterness. It is designed to illustrate an evaluation of a unique and controversial cooking program. We try to discuss valid points and have a little fun as well. ;)

7. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    So, I shouldn't say about this sort of thread what you are saying about Sandy? :D :D :D :D :D :D

8. kerryclan

kerryclan

Not the same thing, Phil. But we are all free to say whatever we want as long as we obey the rules here.

I appreciate your opinion, I just don't agree with it.