Salmon Help....??????

Joined May 15, 2003
OK so I want to run a simple Salmon, broiled & served on a nice bun with lettuce and tomato for a light lunch feature .....but here is the tricky thing..... I would like to Jazz it up with something other than Mayo......

Now I dont want to ruine the delicate aspects to a fresh line caught salmon (with a heavy dill or pickle or garlic slap to the taste buds) so.......????????

Can ya Help????:confused:

So easy and yet......

Joined Jul 31, 2000
A nice roast bell pepper/basil aioli with spinach instead of lettuce,and a few thin slices of preserved lemon

Or a sundried tomato pesto with Camenbert.

Maybe a chimmichurri with jack cheese and crispy shallots?

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
Grilled Salmon set on a Brioche Bun and topped with a Cucumber Salad (long julienne of cukes & red onion) dressed in a light Horseradish-Lemon Dressing.

chefhogan

Banned
Joined Jun 15, 2003
I am making this tonigh, I have a wedding of 124 guests tonight, poached salmon doria (boring), I know what I am doing with my fillet... ;-)

Hogan

chefhogan

Banned
Joined Jun 15, 2003
Just to let you know it was awesome, made it for the whole staff and went home a hero, thanks.....

Hogan

Joined Jan 24, 2003
lose the bun. marinate strips of cucumber or zuccini in oil vinegar sugar & lemon juice after briefly blanchin them in hot water.Serve
with baby boiled new potatoes tossed in butter & mint with salmon on marinated veg. do a mustard based hollandaise & eat.
graeat summer dish.

Top Bottom