Salmon Help....??????

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by ronn, Jun 20, 2003.

1. ronn

ronn

OK so I want to run a simple Salmon, broiled & served on a nice bun with lettuce and tomato for a light lunch feature .....but here is the tricky thing..... I would like to Jazz it up with something other than Mayo......

Now I dont want to ruine the delicate aspects to a fresh line caught salmon (with a heavy dill or pickle or garlic slap to the taste buds) so.......????????

Can ya Help????:confused:

So easy and yet......

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    A nice roast bell pepper/basil aioli with spinach instead of lettuce,and a few thin slices of preserved lemon

Or a sundried tomato pesto with Camenbert.

Maybe a chimmichurri with jack cheese and crispy shallots?

3. chefhogan

chefhogan Banned

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Musturd, Dill & Creme Cheese.... uummm....

4. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Grilled Salmon set on a Brioche Bun and topped with a Cucumber Salad (long julienne of cukes & red onion) dressed in a light Horseradish-Lemon Dressing.

5. chefhogan

chefhogan Banned

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I am making this tonigh, I have a wedding of 124 guests tonight, poached salmon doria (boring), I know what I am doing with my fillet... ;-)

Hogan

6. chefhogan

chefhogan Banned

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Just to let you know it was awesome, made it for the whole staff and went home a hero, thanks.....

Hogan

7. mike

mike

lose the bun. marinate strips of cucumber or zuccini in oil vinegar sugar & lemon juice after briefly blanchin them in hot water.Serve
    with baby boiled new potatoes tossed in butter & mint with salmon on marinated veg. do a mustard based hollandaise & eat.
    graeat summer dish.