Rum

Joined May 6, 2001
Maybe this should be in the recipe section, but what are your favorite dishes that use rum? I make a bread pudding that uses it. I would love to know how all of you use (any kind of) alcohol in cooking.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
I also use rum in my breadpudding;

- Calvados in apple pie;
- Poire-William in Bavarian cream;
- Cognac or Brandy in sauce for Steak au Poivre;

to name a few...

Did you also have wine in mind? I use wine just about everywhere!

Joined Jul 31, 2000
I make a rum anglaise that I serve with a warm chocolate,banana bread pudding.

Also I rub 1/2 inch thick slices of pineaplle with brown raw suger and drizzel with barboncort(Haitian rum) and then grill, then I place then in banana leaves top with a fresh piece of mahi and chopped lemon grass and kaffir lime leaf,wrap and steam and serve with sticky rice

Rum Creme brulle

cc

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
I always put a tablespoon or two of rum in my amandine. It's great in the fruit cakes, I always macerate the fruits in rum for ar least 24 hours before making the cakes.

Joined May 6, 2001
Thanks guys! :D

cc, I do a similar grilled pineapple. I love how such a simple thing can be spectacular.

Joined Oct 15, 2000
I used to macerate a nice piece of lime in a 1/2 rum, 1/2 coca cola mixture. This was generally good over ice. After several of these, I became Mofo Beard, the "yard pirate." (I usually drank these outside.) "Avast ye maties!!!" "Set a course for divorce court!!!" Needless to say, it is probably a good thing I quit.

ARRRRGH!! Where's me buckin hat? My bucanneers are cold! :D

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
A little off the subject, but my new favorite rum drink is a "Dark & Stormy. Gosling's rum and ginger beer serviced over ice. These things are not only addictive, they are TROUBLE!!!!

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
A little off the subject, but my new favorite rum drink is a "Dark & Stormy. Gosling's rum and ginger beer serviced over ice. These things are not only addictive, they are TROUBLE!!!!

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
WOW!!! Sorry about the triple post. I swear, it's my computer. I have not... I repeat...I have not had too many Dark & Stormy's before I sat down to Cheftalk.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
That's okay Pete, happens to me too. Glitch in system, that's what it is...

:eek:

Top Bottom