rose sauce

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by rita, Jan 11, 2001.

1. rita

rita

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I am looking for a recipe for a rosé sauce for pasta. I tried to make it a couple of times but it does not taste like the real thing.I just know someone here will come to the rescue.
    Thanks

------------------

2. rita

rita

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Sorry about that;I should have sent this to Recipe Exchange.I still hope to get a recipe.

------------------

3. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Rita, I am assuming you are talking of a red sauce blended with a white sauce,? If so make a light marinara A little onion,garlic sweated in olive oil,maybe a touch of red pepper flakes, purre some whole peeled tomatoes and add bring to a simmer and add a splash of red wine ( if you like)a couple bay leaves,fresh basil,oregano and a little kosher salt and fresh milled pepper. simmer for about 30 minutes, you don't want to cook it to long so it taste fresh not like jared overcooked flavor. Then take some heavy cream
    the higher the fat the better [​IMG]dice a leek and a couple cloves of garlic and reduce the cream (with the leek and garlic) by about 1/3 and strain (oh a little S&P too)cook your favorite pasta and blend 2/3 red to 1/3 white, Rita a little lobster or broccoli rabe taste great with this sauce as does a nice splash of vodka. cc

4. rita

rita

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Thank you Cape Chef for that recipe.I understand what my problem was; I was too low fat oriented now I know the secret to a good rosé sauce.Merci!Love your idea of the lobster.

5. rita

rita

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Thank you Cape Chef for that recipe.I understand what my problem was; I was too low fat oriented now I know the secret to a good rosé sauce.Merci!Love your idea of the lobster.