Roasted Vegetable Primavera

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by piglet91, Apr 19, 2006.

1. piglet91

piglet91

hello i saw this on tv it ask for havey cram can i use carnation sweetened condensed can i use that i could not find havery cream in the store

Thank you
    Tammy

2. aprilb

aprilb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Sweetened is just that. SWEET. Intensely sweet. You'd use it for pies or candies.

If your recipe calls for cream, by all means do what you can to get it. If you've ever tasted it or even half and half, you'd get the general idea. Heavy cream is much thicker and has a higher fat content. Not sweet.

Milk or half and half would be too thin unless you make a roux. It's basically a sauce made out of equal portions of flour & butter, cooked over medium heat while stirring constantly and then stirring in a certain amount of milk, salt and pepper.

There are recipes here on the net to give you exact instructions and amounts.

It would have a different flavor than using cream and certainly slightly more difficulty.

Hope this helps.

April

3. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Just pick up some whipping cream. It is basically the same thing, though their fat contents vary a little bit. Not enough though to screw up the dish.