Risotto

Joined Nov 12, 2015
when you make at Risotto , remeber  3 important point

1 the rice the best quality is Carnaroli

2 the nice fish stock, or vegetable stock or liken stock

3 end the and but most important "mantecare " whit Parmesan cheese end cold Butter

whit these Point you can make The best Risotto whit anifying Ingredients

Joined May 7, 2012
Shrimp and saffron finished with cultured butter is a person favorite of mine. Another is confit chicken with tomatoes and asaparagus, I've often finished that one with chicken fat and butter in a 80:20 ratio.

Last edited:
Joined Nov 15, 2012
Shrimp and saffron finished with cultured butter is a person favorite of mine. Another is confit chicken with tomatoes and asaparagus, I've often finished that one with chicken fat and butter in a 80:20 ratio.
Saffron has a very strong shrimp flavor, at least to these taste buds, but shrimp on shrimp can only benefit, I'd go lobster on lobster too.

Rick

Joined Oct 15, 2012
Use pearl barley or spelt instead of Arborio or Carnaroli.

Make a sweet rice pudding from Arborio or Carnaroli.

Joined Aug 2, 2015
You don't even need rice to make a risotto. Brunoise sun chokes or celery root cook to tender in stock, mount with butter and parm.

cerise

Banned
Joined Jul 5, 2013
I am pretty much a purist when it comes to the dish. Nice served w shrimp and asparagus etc. You might try a combo of stock/broth and marsala. If you have any leftover, chill/refrigerate and make arancini filled w mozzarela. After awhile, it stops being risotto, and turns into something else. Just my opinion.

Joined Nov 12, 2015
so , for me risotto or anything original recepie ,I can be Make doing to do.......

for example  if I do the bred whit a steak , onions ,tomato, end Mayonnaise , ...I can' not call cheese burgher,,

is only a goo Sandwich.......

Joined Aug 15, 2003
Risotto is a technique, not an ingredient. 

Most types of grains can be cooked risotto--farro/spelt, barley, fregola, Isreali cous cous, orzo, etc. The variations are endless. Rice is most common but not the only one. 

Joined Nov 5, 2007
It is one thing to be steeped in tradition. And a totally different thing to be embalmed in it.

mjb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom