reply for vegetarians

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by lisa holliman, Mar 13, 2002.

1. lisa holliman

lisa holliman

This is short for now. Wow thanks for writing back. I have been a vegetarian for about 8 years now. I completed professional classic french culinary school with all the meat because here in Seattle there wasn't professional accredited programs for vegetarian training. I drove everyone crazy. All the chefs and other students. I do not eat chicken. I am not vegan but I do eat cheese, dairy and fish about twice a year. After my schooling I didn't want to work in a resturant. I actually wanted to move to Europe to travel and cook. But since I recently got married here in Seattle, that was not an option for now. I keep busy teaching vegetarian cooking locally, catering, personal chefing, and I am also doing some food consultanting for retreat centers. Thats my bio for now. I have a class, gotta run. I have ideas to share and how to learn alot for everyone. Ayurvedic yes, Satvic foods , How to bring calmness and focus into your daily life with cooking is what my yogic cooking classes are about. Blessings to all.

2. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Welcome, Lisa,
    There are a few vegetarians at this site, and I'm sure if you have specific questions or concerns, you will find others who can help. I hope we can learn from you too.:)

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    We're glad you're here, Lisa. I'd love to learn about some of your specialties. Please pick a forum and favor us with some delights!

4. svadhisthana

svadhisthana

Lisa,
    Can you list any good sources of information on Ayurvedic cooking. All the books I've read seem to contradict themselves. I find it all very interesting.