remember me?

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by leeniek, Jun 25, 2012.

1. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi everyone

Remember me???  That crazy lady?  

Well I am still around, just busy.

I am full time in the production kitchen and the lead in my department.... I have benefits, work perks and a company pension... i am never leaving this job!  Yes it is mind numbing.. think standing in front of a roto griller feeding veg into it for hours at a time.... or pounding out ready to bake pizzas by the 100s.... we have a great crew and the bosses are amazing.   Upper management respects us too and that goes a long way at our little grunt level...

I treated myself and bought myself a new sewing machine.... I love it....  and I have been sewing in all of my spare time... I am going to get withdrawl if I don't bring it when we go to the family next week....

What's new for you all?

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
  3. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Good to hear you are still around and doing OK /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

4. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Good for You. It takes time, but "For every one there is a place, and  For every place there is a person'

5. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    No

6. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Glad your doing ok, its so nice to hear from you . Sounds like you have a great job and that its keeping you busy....busy is good.

Petals.

7. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Ha ha Billl you're funny!  How are you and the family doing?

8. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks Petals.. the best part about the job is that it gives me time to enjoy life... a hard to find thing in our world, I know..

I'm on day one of my staycation... I have two and a half weeks off starting today... hubby is off starting Wednesday and he goes back a day before I do...  I went for a walk, saw a free concert, took myself out for lunch and now I'm between sewing tasks... this next one is going to be a PITA but it will be really unique once I am done with it.  When I figure out how to get pics off of the new camera and onto here I'll post some of my work for you all to see...

9. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks ChefEdB... you are so right... for every place there is a person and I think this person has found her place..  it's not a glamour job and no one will ever see what I do or where I work but it is a great place to work and the pros outweigh the cons tenfold when it comes to the job itself.

10. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks Butzy.. good to see you again too!

11. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Kgirl I replied in your thread but I will say it again.. it looks like you had an amazing visit home!!  I will pass on the raw fish though and I did gain twenty pounds just looking at the pics you took!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  12. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    lqtm

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

13. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Well I sort of got the PITA sewing project finished.. it was a bathing suit for my daughter... and it came out really nice.  Unfortunately I made a minor mistake when I was at the fabric store and listened to the salesperson who was trying to help me.. so instead of making my own cups for the top, she gave me premade ones... big mistake!!  She had a backup suit with her just in case and I am going to take the top apart and remove those stupid things.. then it will be fine!  Otherwise for a first bathing suit I have ever made it came out beautifully!

We just got back from some days with the family.. we had hoped to go to Lake Huron to see one of my SIL's but they were really sick with a stomach bug there so we stayed with MIL instead.   It was a nice lazy few days and DH helped his brother build a shed... I was the "official photographer" of it.. he wanted me to post the pics to his facebook but well.. mr genius locked himself out of his FB account so I'll just email him them instead.  Tomorrow we're going to Niagara Falls just for a day.. more than likely we'll go back on Friday but we're so close it's cheaper to do daytrips down there than it is to stay overnight...