Reintroduction and Question

Joined Jun 15, 2002
Hello All,

I joined this excellent message board a couple of months ago but wasn't able to participate much to being out of town.

Now that I am comfortably at home and preparing to start my first ever culinary course on Monday, the 26th I have one odd question that I didn't really know exactly where to post.

I got my uniform and all the necessary books and equipment, which mind you freaked me out because it just really sank in that I am really doing this, but I have to get shoes...non-stick or slip shoes. I have found some really good web sites with some excellent shoes, but the pricing and timing aren't right.

I need inexpensive shoes appropriate for class and I need them soon.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Oh, and my name is John, I am in the Fort Lauderdale area. I am attending Sheridan Techinical Center, just to be sure this is the direction I want to go in before going to a university such as J&W in Miami.

Looking forward to swapping stories and asking plenty of questions as my adventure in Culinary education begins!

:chef:

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Welcome back, John, and I hope you have a great start on your new career path.

I know some of the pros here like Doc Martens. But I think you may get more responses (and more quickly) if you post the "shoe question" in one of the pros' forum, like The Inside Scoop or Equipment forum. In fact, I think there was a thread about footwear some time back. Try doing a search on this site and see what comes up.

Good luck!
Mezzaluna

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Welcome John!

Good luck on Monday, hope all will go well for you!

Joined Jun 15, 2002
Thank You both!!

I am really looking forward to Monday, but nervous as all **** too!

Anyways, I was thinking of keeping a journal and possibly sharing it to see what kind of imput I can get from people who have "been there, done that". I think it would not only be helpful to get imput, but might help someone else in a similar situation.

Joined Aug 26, 2002
good luck. I may be late in sending you this message, however, have you thought about getting Dr. Sholls Clogg shoes? I know several professional chefs that wear them, as well as physician's and they all swear by them... best of luck! susie

Latest posts

Top Bottom