Reheat biscuits

Joined Sep 19, 2020
Hi Chefs just have a question I got a job working at a school, I have to do a chicken biscuit sandwich, I was wondering can you cook the biscuits the day before. And when you come in the morning you can just reheat up the biscuit and put the chicken together assembly I'll be doing it by myself I'm trying to find a simple way to put the sandwich together, how can you keep the biscuit to staying moist thanks for any help I appreciate it

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Are these scratch or box mix biscuits? Biscuits tend to dry out and not reheat very well so if you cannot make them the day of I would suggest a already cooked frozen product that you flash in the oven or switch the vessel to something like a croissant or bagel.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Try it once. Bake a small batch and eat them the next day. You will have proof-positive that it’s not a great idea. That said (and I DESPISE THAT PHRASE) it seems to be done often; a lot of folks don’t really know the joy of a fresh biscuit.

Same with popovers...

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Try it once. Bake a small batch and eat them the next day. You will have proof-positive that it’s not a great idea. That said (and I DESPISE THAT PHRASE) it seems to be done often; a lot of folks don’t really know the joy of a fresh biscuit.

Same with popovers...
Add to the fact that a lot of time it seems to be 90% dry biscuit to 10% filling.

Top Bottom