Reginette with Bitter Chocolate

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by american_suisse, Jan 19, 2010.

1. american_suisse

american_suisse

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I was invited to the home of the lady that gave me the recipe for the Rose Petal Spaghetti which I posted a while ago. This time I was expecting something different and wasn't a bit surprised when she brought this dish to the table...until I found out that it was a dish with chocolate and pork. At first I wasn't sure but after the first forkful hit my lips I was sold!
    Sorry again for posting some in US measurements and some in metric. Still working on figuring out the metric system.

Reginette w/Bitter Chocolate

300 g. of Reginette pasta (For those like me who aren't up on all the different pastas, this sort of looks like thin lasagne. She also said she uses Tagliatelle sometimes but likes the ridges of the Reginette.)
    1 onion
    4 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil
    300 g. of ground pork
    2 dl of red wine
    2 TBSP of tomato paste
    10 g. bitter chocolate, shaved
    1 TBSP sugar
    1 pinch of ground cinnamon
    Salt and pepper to taste

Peel and finely chop the onion then saute in olive oil until clear. Add the ground pork, cook until browned, drain. Then gradually add the wine and cook until the wine has evaporated.
    Dilute the tomato paste with 3 dl of warm water, season with salt and pepper then add to meat. Cooked, covered, over low heat for one hour; adding a little warm water if necessary.
    At the end of cooking, add the shaved chocolate, sugar, and cinnamon.
    Cook the pasta in a large amount of salted water, drain and lay out in the dish. Pour sauce over noodles and mix.
    Serve immediately.

Again, it goes with my warning that this serves four Swiss people but probably only two of us Americans. :lol:

2. siduri

siduri

Exp:
    At home cook
    My great grandmother, from Barga, in the province of Lucca, apparently used to make baccala' (dried codfish) with chocolate. It was a sweet and sour version. But the recipe was never passed on, or my grandmother wasn;t interested.