Red Velvet Cake shots.....

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by prettycake, Sep 19, 2012.

1. prettycake

prettycake Banned

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello,  I made these today .. Red Velvet Cake shots (in shot glasses) w/ cream cheese icing.. gave them to my neighbor.. they are very nice people..

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. racheal

racheal

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    they look so nice

3. prettycake

prettycake Banned

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Thank you Racheal...../img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

4. cajunfman

cajunfman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    ok so how in the world did you make em??? I would love to do them at catering events

5. prettycake

prettycake Banned

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi cajunfman,  it is very easy and you can do this with any cake.  Bake the cake the usual way,  round or square or loaf pan ,  it does not matter because you will slice the cake into like1/2 or 1/3 inch thin.  Then use a very small round cookie cutter,  about 1 1/2 in or smaller (slightly bigger than a quarter coin) or any thing you can use to achieve small round pieces of cake.  Then layer the tiny cake slices in a shot glass, cake, icing, cake then icing.  As long as the top layer is icing.  That's it.  I got those tiny shot glasses (they are actually plastic) from Party City.  They sell everything from party decorations to Halloween or any holiday decorations to costumes to balloons etc....  OPTIONAL:  you can decorated the rim of the glasses w/ melted white chocolate then add sprinkles,  like you would see on a Margarita where they do salt.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012