Red Ranch Sauce

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by anrol, Aug 20, 2008.

1. jaycobb1045

jaycobb1045

Exp:
    Home Cook
    @Rob Klossner  I wasn't confused before, but now I am!  I've eaten at plenty of Arby's but never seen or heard of Red Ranch sauce.  On the other hand, I would describe Arby's sauce as being at least in the same family as French dressing, whereas you seem to draw a sharp distinction between Arby's sauce and Red Ranch sauce.  As a person who has experience with both, can you help clear things up by describing the differences?  Thanks!!

2. rob klossner

rob klossner

Exp:
    At home cook
    Haha no problem. As far as I know the "red ranch" as they call it only comes on the beef 'n cheddar sandwich. I'm not sure if it's on any regular roast beef sandwich. So if you haven't eaten the beef 'n cheddar you probably would never have had it. It is a sweet red sauce, like I said it was called honey French dressing when I got it with a salad. Arby's sauce is not sweet at all (at least to me) but is tangy; pretty much just a mild barbecue sauce. Next time you're at Arby's ask for a cup of red ranch - it doesn't come in packets - and compare it to the Arby's sauce. Do the Arby's you've been to have the "spicy 3-pepper" sauce? I love dipping fries in that. Let me know if I can help further.

3. big ball

big ball

Exp:
    At home cook
    Ingredients:
    "Red Ranch Sauce"

1/4 cup vinegar
    1/2 cup oil
    3/4 cup powdered sugar
    3 tablespoons catsup
    salt and pepper
    Directions:
    Put all together in blender and pulse until smooth.
    Refrigerate.
    You're Welcome

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  4. faeriena

faeriena

Exp:
    Home Chef
    For being a retired chef, you are not very knowledgeable in what actually goes in Arby's roast beef. At the location in our area actually buy their beef locally from the butcher and pay on average 170 dollars for their beef. You may want to do research before slamming a restaurant, even if it is a fast food chain or not. I highly dislike it when people fail to do research on products before opening their mouth or writing garbage.

5. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Easy there, @Faeriena! No need for personal attacks. You are new here; perhaps a little time seeing how we productively (and constructively) offer insight. You response is not so clearly articulated, either. Take it easy.

6. minas6907

minas6907

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Im not trying to deny what your saying, but where are you that an Arbys restaurant purchases meat from a local butcher? And when you say "they pay an average of $170 for thier beef," is this weekly, daily, just one type of meat? Who gave you that info, it seems vague. Again, im not trying to agitate anyone, just seems odd to hear of a such a large chain buying meat from a local butcher.

7. iridium12

iridium12

Exp:
    Private Chef
    I would be very interested in that as well - seems it would really screw up their food cost

But then again, 170 for what quantity?

8. rachelle lacey

rachelle lacey

Exp:
    At home cook
    Red Ranch Sauce: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Soybean
    Oil, Corn-Cider Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar,
    Water, Salt, Paprika, Spice, Beet Juice (for color), Onion
    (dehydrated), Natural Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol
    Alginate, Garlic (dehydrated).

9. djaok

djaok

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    The closest thing i have found to Arby's red ranch is russian dressing which only a few of the grocery chains sell around here and I have not seen any brand of russian but but Wishbone.

10. nightfly

nightfly

Exp:
    Home Cook
    red ranch sauce IS NOT the same as catalina or french salad dressing. I've tried several of each. Just because they're a similar color doesn't make them taste the same. That's like saying tomatoes and red peppers taste the same. 

11. von milash

von milash

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. None.

rob klossner likes this.
  12. angelika9766

angelika9766

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    ​Mee Too!  I Love That Sauce!   I have been looking everywhere.  Please let me know if you find it.

Thank You,

Warmest Regards,

Angela

13. midlife

midlife

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Deleted

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

based on that ingredient list it looks like ranch dressing mixed with ketchup or basic bbq sauce with some added color 

ketchup’s ingredients are: tomato concentrate from red ripe tomatoes, distilled vinegarhigh fructose corn syrupcorn syrupsalt, spice, onion powder, and natural flavoring 

fast food BBQ sauce is more like ketchup than some of the smoky bbqs on the market 

i wouldnt overthink it, like all fast food special sauce is just 1000 island dressing, the red ranch is not going to be exotic its more likely just a corperate answer to what else can we do with the ingredients we already are buying 

15. Raze

Raze

Exp:
    Exp? What is this? I was an assistant manager at Arbys for years and am an amateur chef.
    I worked at Arby's for years. Arby's sauce is a slightly tangy barbecue sauce. It is nothing special. Red Ranch is NOT the same. It only goes on one sandwich, the Beef'n Cheddar (it used to go on the Super Roast Beef, but that sandwich was removed from the menu). Red Ranch is a lot sweeter and has a French dressing vibe to it. Here is official information from Arby's:

https://arbys.com/our-menu/roast-beef/beef-n-cheddar

So no, Arby's sauce and Red Rance are not the same. It's funny though, when people didn't want it, they'd as for a Beef'n Cheddar without Arby's sauce. I was always tempted to tell my back line guys to leave the Red Ranch on it, since it isn't Arby's sauce.

For a fast food restaurant, they do have a couple of good tasting sauces, but my favorite is the Spicey Three Pepper sauce. Anyway, hopefully someone will find a quality recipe for Red Ranch sauce. You don't see it very often and it has a pretty unique taste.

16. Mattifikation

Mattifikation

Exp:
    What?
    WalMart carries a dressing called "The Original Western sweet & smooth dressing." The seal around the top says "By Wishbone" but the main label omits any mention of Wishbone entirely.

It's the closest thing I've ever found. I know you probably wanted an actual recipe, but it looks like people have been guessing at it for years with no luck.