red cabbage soup and felafil. help needed

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by redalert, Dec 14, 2009.

1. redalert

redalert

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Hi,

Sorry if theres somewhere else I could or should've posted this but there's a couple of things I need advice on before tomorrow (GMT 7hrs time).

Red cabbage soup (i.e can i turn a heap of unused brasied red cabbage into a nice soup?)

Felafil (looked at a few recipies but none appeal to me)

Recipies and links to recipies are well appreciated but advice and pointers are equally if not more appreciated.

Many thanks,

Iain

2. chris.lawrence

chris.lawrence

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Sure, you can make just about anything, next to red bricks and red chairs into a nice soup- just think about balance... Stock and cabbage is the soup, but perhaps somewhat bland. Think about adding a bit of zing with some white wine vinegar or lemon, and a bit of sweetness with some muscavado sugar... perhaps the added suprise of a blue cheese (and black sesame seeds to added an extra dimension) crouton would work very well with this... its pepperyness lends itself extremely well to red cabbage.

Good luck!

3. nichole

nichole

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    Agree with chris lawrence, I love the idea of having it with lemon and blue cheese. Anyway I've heard about a name of chris lawrence who happen to sing right? are you related to him?

4. chris.lawrence

chris.lawrence

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Well if you heard me sing, you would know the answer...

...no!:p