recommendations for veal chops

Joined Aug 24, 2015
This is my first post on this board.  Great to be here.  I'm having guests over for dinner soon and I have some veal chops.  Can anyone give me any recommendations (side dishes, cooking methods, etc)?  Thanks in advance.

Joined Sep 5, 2008
I love veal chops, but they're quite expensive in my neck of the woods, so I have them only once every other year!!

You can keep them very simple and grill them. I would coat them with a little bit of olive oil, season with Salt and Pepper, and if you wish, place some fresh herbs on top while grilling, or even brush the chops with a few sprigs of the herb. I am thinking rosemary or thyme. 

Here's a fancier approach I took once: Pan fried veal rib chop with condensed milk sauce, celeriac fries and zucchini salad:

Last edited:

ready freddy

Banned
Joined Aug 24, 2015
Yeah.......you will definitely want to flavor those up a bit.

Could you batter and deep fry them? Always wanted to try that......wonder how it would compare to a pork chop?

Joined Apr 3, 2008

I love veal chops, but they're quite expensive in my neck of the woods, so I have them only once every other year!!

You can keep them very simple and grill them. I would coat them with a little bit of olive oil, season with Salt and Pepper, and if you wish, place some fresh herbs on top while grilling, or even brush the chops with a few sprigs of the herb. I am thinking rosemary or thyme. 

Here's a fancier approach I took once: Pan fried veal rib chop with condensed milk sauce, celeriac fries and zucchini salad:

I don't know much about cooking veal, this looks great.  Do you treat it as a steak and leave it medium rare or do you cook it through?  I've always been a little confused about veal, can't say I've ever had a veal chop.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
A veal chop for my tastes can tolerate medium better than a steak.

I do like the idea of breading and frying though.  It'd be like an expensive scallopini.

Joined Sep 5, 2008

I don't know much about cooking veal, this looks great.  Do you treat it as a steak and leave it medium rare or do you cook it through?  I've always been a little confused about veal, can't say I've ever had a veal chop.
I cook it like I would good quality pork meat: I pretty much cook it through, paying attention to keeping it moist. It's ok if it's a little pink in the center, but not too much. 

Latest posts

Top Bottom