Recommendations for immersion blenders

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by nicko, Apr 29, 2012.

1. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Was wondering if anyone has some recommendations for home immersion blenders. I like the kitchenaid 5 speed but have concerns based on some photos I saw on Amazon. This model made in Italy has good reviews and quite a bit more watts.

Miallegro 9090 Mitutto 550-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Professional-style

[​IMG]

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Wow! That sure looks like a honey!
    My husband bought me a Braun a few years back
    The one objection that I had with it was that the shaft is white plastic, it stains easily.

3. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Yeah the kitchenaid has a removal shaft and is dishwasher safe.

4. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    The best I've seen for a home kitchen are the Waring and the Bamix -- both light-duty, small, blenders designed for commercial use. Neither has the sort of attachments you see with the "home" appliances. The Bamix is a bit stronger, and more expensive, while the Waring is plenty good enough.

I owned a Braun for years and it worked fine. The white plastic did stain, but I don't care. Although it didn't need actually need replacing I thought I'd get a Waring, but my wife bought the top of the line Cuisinart. Also, fine. I'd still rather have the Waring or the Bamix for the status more than anything else.

We -- or to be more accurate -- I, don't use a stick blender much, so perhaps I'm insufficiently critical.

It's just a stick blender. Don't lose too much sleep over the choice.

BDL

5. foodnfoto

foodnfoto

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Love the Bamix, not so much the Waring. We've used a few Waring commercial versions and somehow the things I want to puree don't really smooth out enough.

For home use I like the Braun with that mini-food processor-great for chopping up bits of garlic&herbs, grinding bits of hard spices, rice and such. 

6. duckfat

duckfat

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Wow that's a dandy Nicko! The Miallegro 9090 has a lot of good reviews on Amazon and it's not overly expensive. I have a Braun I picked up about four years ago at Costco on a special deal for around $20. It's still kicking and came with similar accessories as yours (but not nearly as nice). My Braun has a removable shaft and it's been going in the dish machine since it was new. I haven't had any problems with staining but mine gets pretty light use. Mostly I use the bowl for garlic when I'm in a hurry.

Dave

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012