Recommend a pastry bible

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
It's been more than 20 years since I bought a pastry bible. It is 2021. What do you recommend?

chefpeon

Kitchen Dork
Joined Jun 15, 2006
I just bought "The Pastry Chef's Little Black Book" volumes 1 and 2 about 6 months ago. Love them for so many reasons, but my favorite reason is they're written for PC's who already know the basics and it's not full of step-by-step stuff that most people need to have. Both volumes have the tried and true basics plus some. Really wish I had these earlier in my career.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
I just bought "The Pastry Chef's Little Black Book" volumes 1 and 2 about 6 months ago. Love them for so many reasons, but my favorite reason is they're written for PC's who already know the basics and it's not full of step-by-step stuff that most people need to have. Both volumes have the tried and true basics plus some. Really wish I had these earlier in my career.
Thanks. I just ordered them.

Joined Nov 9, 2020
Guilty as charged... I just ordered both, love how they're in both imperial and metric... got $20 off the pair AND they threw in the e-book versions as well... Thanks for the pointer to these, they look to promise a lot of info.

Top Bottom