Recipes for fish

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by blendmik, Oct 18, 2003.

1. blendmik

blendmik

I am looking for recipes for fish or seafood that is not the traditional white wine or garlic and butter cuisine. I am more interested in tomato or green/red pepper enhancements. Help!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Sounds like Provencal dishes to me. You could simply grill the fish and add a saute of your favorite veggies- garlic, onion, green and red peppers. Or try spooning some ratatouille on top. Don't forget the capers! They go well with those vegetables. :lips:

For an Asian flavor, add ginger and change the oil from olive to plain vegetable, sesame or peanut oil.

I use the George Forman grill to cook the fish, then augment with whatever flavors I'm in the mood for.

Anybody else have some ideas?

3. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Or think Mexican: Red Snapper Veracruz Style is sauteed fillets with a sauce of tomatoes, onion, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, jalapenos, and lemon juice. I'll bet if you go to the recipe websites and do a search on "seafood" and "Mexican" you'll come up with a lot.

4. pjm333

pjm333

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Blendmik
    How about a sundried / ovendried tomato basil crust ? Process tomatoes and basil with some olive oil and spead a thin crust over the cooked fish and sprinkle with some bread crums and brown under broiler..I used to serve it with scrod and it was a big seller

pat..