Recipes for fish

Joined Aug 19, 2003
I am looking for recipes for fish or seafood that is not the traditional white wine or garlic and butter cuisine. I am more interested in tomato or green/red pepper enhancements. Help!

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Sounds like Provencal dishes to me. You could simply grill the fish and add a saute of your favorite veggies- garlic, onion, green and red peppers. Or try spooning some ratatouille on top. Don't forget the capers! They go well with those vegetables. :lips:

For an Asian flavor, add ginger and change the oil from olive to plain vegetable, sesame or peanut oil.

I use the George Forman grill to cook the fish, then augment with whatever flavors I'm in the mood for.

Anybody else have some ideas?

Joined May 26, 2001
Or think Mexican: Red Snapper Veracruz Style is sauteed fillets with a sauce of tomatoes, onion, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, jalapenos, and lemon juice. I'll bet if you go to the recipe websites and do a search on "seafood" and "Mexican" you'll come up with a lot.

Joined Nov 6, 2001
Blendmik
How about a sundried / ovendried tomato basil crust ? Process tomatoes and basil with some olive oil and spead a thin crust over the cooked fish and sprinkle with some bread crums and brown under broiler..I used to serve it with scrod and it was a big seller

pat..

Top Bottom