Received New Job Offer

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by paul alfred, Jan 17, 2012.

1. paul alfred

paul alfred

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I have just received a job offer from a fine-dining restaurant in Texas, and I have decided to accept the offer.  I still have to apply and submit a resume, but a chef who works there already (the chef who trained me, actually) is going to provide me with a recommendation/reference, and the executive chef I work for right now has also agreed to offer a reference for me.  I feel quite confident about getting this job, and although I will have to relocate from Pennsylvania to Texas, I do not mind.  I have many friends in the area, and I'll get to work with my original chef again!  I miss working with him, and I am looking forward to learning more from him. I am not that great at writing a resume however, and I was wondering if anyone here had any good advice for writing a proper-looking resume.  Any advice would be appreciated.

2. apfahl

apfahl

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I made a resume a few weeks back and all I did was Google an example of a resume and insert the appropriate information using the template that they gave me.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I've got current outlines and an example, PM me with your email and I'll forward example.

4. paul alfred

paul alfred

Exp:
    Line Cook
    @ Shroomgirl, I sent you a PM, and thank you!

@ apfahl, That is how I started mine, but I wasn't satisfied with it.

5. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    no problem, good luck!