Really pleased with my mayo replacement

Joined Oct 23, 2008
I'm sure this is not unlike things other people have made, but I am proud of it because I came up with it (mostly) on my own, I didn't even start typing goog....... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smiles.gif

I've been trying to eat healthier, but I love food and flavors. I decided to do some sandwiches for dinner, and I've had a "cilantro mayo" before so I started thinking and decided I would try to make something similar, but with no mayo. Instead I used greek yogurt. Actual ingredients were about 2 cups of greek yogurt, a dash of white cooking wine, a big handfull of cilantro, about 1 tbsp of diced garlic, a little salt, about 1.5 tsp of cumin powder, and about 1 tsp of chipotle powder. Threw that in my little food processor and blended until the cilantro was tiny.

Man was it good, I didn't miss mayo at all, very smooth and creamy like mayo, and packed with flavor with just a little heat. Thought I'd share in case some of you are in the same boat with wanting to cut back some on fats.

Joined Mar 3, 2010
something really good they made yeasturday was sour cream with some mustard, he used whole/coarse mustard, put it on a sandwich and it looked delicious. i wanted a piece but im new intern so didnt want to.

Joined Jul 3, 2009
eastshores, I'm going to try that. The cumin, white wine and cilantro sounds like a zingy combo. Greek yogurt, great substitute for mayo or sour cream based sauces / dips.

Top Bottom