Ready to Rock

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by chefohouse, Nov 13, 2009.

1. chefohouse

chefohouse

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    My name is Eric and I am a culinary student in Grand Rapids Michigan. I found this website quite randomly and so far am glad that I did. I am studying for my associates in culinary management and hope to one day open my own bar/grille type restaurant where I can work for myself. I hope to be able to use this site to further connect with amazing chefs and learn as much as possible. i am looking forward to what an amazing future this industry has to offer.:peace:

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Eric and welcome to Chef Talk. Good for you, pursuing your dream to become a chef. The schools offering associate degrees in culinary arts in my are are excellent- a lot of people find work (although many are already working in food careers already) and go on to be very successful. Does your program provide the business management courses you'll need to run your own business?

As a culinary student you'll find a lot to interest you in the Culinary Students'/ Culinary schools forum. This site is a goldmine of information, so try using the search tool to find topics; chances are, you'll find an earlier conversation on many of the topics related to culinary school and starting your business.

Good luck to you! We hope you gain a lot of insights from being part of this community.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. chefohouse

chefohouse

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    The school i am attending is the Secchia Institute for Culinary Education through the Grand Rapids Community College. They have an associates in the culinary management and culinary arts along with a certificate in the baking and pastry area. I hopefully plan to achieve all three programs as a lot of classes overlap. thanks for the welcome and i look forward what i can offer and learn from this site.