Re-Entering Culinary Field - are old references still valid?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by gishgirl, Jan 27, 2016.

1. gishgirl

gishgirl

Exp:
    Classically Trained Chef, seasoned and versatile in everything French and all things Chocolate...
    Hello All,

I love this site and all the discussions and exchange of info..  So I need your help.

I have been in business for a long time, done it all; trained in Paris, Restaurant and Catering company owner, Assisted living, Private Chef work.. I now Freelance for a variety of different high end Catering companies and do parties myself. 

Back in the day, circa, late 80s and most of the 90s I was primarily a private chef, which is what I love.

I would really like to land a gig as a private chef. Been applying  but the problem Is most of my references are from the late 80s and 90s. I have good references from Catering companies and  a couple of private people Ive done parties for...

How do I break back into this market?  Appreciate any and all feedback...

Cheers.

La Jolie Chef

2. markrmoore2

markrmoore2

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Social media is your ticket, make a few videos and hire a professional to direct and edit them. Use YouTube Facebook Twitter tumblr, the whole nine yards. One tip on Facebook it's very affordable to get a few thousand page likes. After that you need to spend some serious money I it. I have a friend is a professional in this sort of thing, message me if you would like to do business with her

gishgirl likes this.
  3. gishgirl

gishgirl

Exp:
    Classically Trained Chef, seasoned and versatile in everything French and all things Chocolate...
    Thank you so much. I'd love your friends name and contact info! Great idea!

4. markrmoore2

markrmoore2

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
  5. gishgirl

gishgirl

Exp:
    Thank you Chef! I really appreciate your time and the referral. I will send a link when donee... la jolie chefh...

6. markrmoore2

markrmoore2

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Great, let me know how it goes, also no need to call me chef

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016