Re: 9/11: Sad but helpful website

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by suzanne, Jan 20, 2002.

1. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    This is very difficult for me, but maybe it will help. None of us will ever forget 9/11whether we want to or not. For those who want some closure by learning from people who were there, the firehouse right near where I live has put up a website that might help. It has stories from firefighters who were there, including the one member of the firehouse who survived. If you want to look at it, use this link to Engine 6. Be aware, though, that some of the material is very upsetting.

This is not an endorsement of merchandise, nor a request to donate.

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thank you Suzanne,
    I know you live very very close to were this inhuman act took place.The saturday after christmas Jill and I went to pick up our daughters who were staying with there aunt. On the way to Restuarant Home we walked passed Engine six. There were a couple of firefighters standing in the bays. We said hello and waved and they gave us a big smile. Maybe next week when we all get together we can bring them some coffee and smiles

3. marmalady

marmalady

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Thank you, Suzanne, we do need to remember, not only the actual events of 9/11, but how quickly our lives can change; in the blink of an eye. My husband and I learned this when we got the phone call about my son's accident three years ago. What we learned was never to go to bed angry at each other, and never to leave the house without saying I love you. God bless us, every one!